How To Save Your Dog's Life If They Eat Chocolate.
Theobromine, a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant that is also found in tea, the cola nut, cleaning chemicals, and even caffeine. Obviously, it’s also found in chocolate, which brings me back to all those cute little dogs in the world. What would you do if your dog ate a bunch of dark chocolate? This is a toxic chemical for them to ingest, and if allowed to continue into the body past the stomach, could kill your furry friend. Talk about a sad face. Luckily, you can make them throw it up quick with a little help from hydrogen peroxide! This induces vomiting quickly in the animal, and if done before the theobromine can make its way through the stomach and further into the body, this is proven to save them from it. Learn more from the video above. If you learned something new today, or if you already knew this fun fact and would still like to help the show, be sure to like and share the video with your friends.
[alert type=”success”]The best part about “Things I Learned Today” is the sharing element. It isn’t just about what I learned, but it’s about you as well! You can join in on the show by telling me what you learned today in the comments below! It’s fun. Join in.[/alert][charliead]]]>