How To Save Your Dog's Life If They Eat Chocolate.

Theobromine, a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant that is also found in tea, the cola nut, cleaning chemicals, and even caffeine. Obviously, it’s also found in chocolate, which brings me back to all those cute little dogs in the world. What would you do if your dog ate a bunch of dark chocolate? This is a toxic chemical for them to ingest, and if allowed to continue into the body past the stomach, could kill your furry friend. Talk about a sad face. sick-dog Luckily, you can make them throw it up quick with a little help from hydrogen peroxide! This induces vomiting quickly in the animal, and if done before the theobromine can make its way through the stomach and further into the body, this is proven to save them from it. Learn more from the video above. If you learned something new today, or if you already knew this fun fact and would still like to help the show, be sure to like and share the video with your friends.

[alert type=”success”]The best part about “Things I Learned Today” is the sharing element. It isn’t just about what I learned, but it’s about you as well! You can join in on the show by telling me what you learned today in the comments below! It’s fun. Join in.[/alert]

[charliead]]]>

You might be interested in

Comment (0)

  1. So it is the DARK chocolate? Good to know. Judy's chihuahua ate M&M's once…… we have no idea how many……..and he was fine. But that would have been milk chocolate.
    So, something I learned today was don't suggest to your Mother a day of the week that would be best to do something she needed help with because the next time that day rolls around she will show up and expect you to do what she needs done (which involves engaging another person who has no idea you need her help). Oh, without a phone call to say she is coming. But I guess I should have known that would happen and clarified it a little more clearly. Anyway, it got done. And now she has a bathing suit for her trip altered to fit…..I hope. The straps were too long.

  2. LOL Donna; your Mom is great. Anytime she needs alterations done; just have her drop them off. I would be happy to help out.

  3. This induces vomiting quickly in the animal, and if done before the
    theobromine can make its way through the stomach and further into the
    body, this is proven to save them from it. 
    see more at

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.